Friday, August 3, 2012

It's been a while...

I've had a lot going on in my powerlifting career since I last posted here. I competed in the 2011 USAPL Master's Nationals in Atlanta, GA in May 2011. I had a great day with a squat of 722 (PR), a bench press of 534 and a deadlift of 644 (PR) for a 1,901 total (PR). I kept my training going and competed in the 2011 USAPL Men's Nationals in Bay St Louis, MS. This was my first Men's Nationals and it was special because it was in the birthplace of the ADFPA, now USAPL, and it was in my home state of Mississippi. I didn't have as good of meet as Master's Nationals, which was a bit disappointing but I was pretty worn out and we sold our home right before the meet as well. I ended up with a squat of 705, a bench press of 529 (with a near miss at 622) and a deadlift of 606 for a total of 1,840. USAPL Bench Press Nationals was next. I ended up bombing out with two misses at 529 followed by a miss at 644 for the win. I had to drop about 10 lbs the week of the meet and it just zapped me. Wilson and I had great time though! After Bench Press Nationals, I decided to take some time off. A lot of time. Like 7 months and I didn't touch a weight during that time!! I started back training in April of this year and decided to do the 2012 USAPL Summer Powerfest in Spring, TX. With roughly only 3 months to train, it wasn't my best day as I totaled 1,769 with a squat 606, a bench press of 540 [for a new USAPL Master's (45-49) American Record] and a deadlift of 622. I am back on track now and am looking forward to my next meet! I am planning on lifting at the 2012 Longhorn Open in Austin this November. I have some lofty goals and will be shooting for a 907.5 kg (2000.6 lbs) total very soon. I am also chasing a 705 lb deadlift. I will begin tracking my training here again so please check back often! Feel free to message me with any question or comment to cheer me on! LOAD THE BAR!!!

No comments: