Wednesday, July 2, 2008

IPF WORLD BENCH PRESS CHAMPIONSHIPS RESULTS


As most of you know, Joyce and I traveled to Prague, Czech Republic last week and I competed in the IPF World Bench Press Championships. Some of you I have already shared the results with but for those who do not know I have posted the results below. Words cannot describe what a great time we had! We feel truly blessed to have had the opportunity to go to Prague. Thank you to all my family and friends that played a part in helping make this trip happen! A big thank you to other sponsors as well including Cybex International, Titan Support Systems, APT wraps, House of Pain, and ER Equipment.

IPF World Bench Championships Results:

275 lb Class
1. Roy Holte (NOR) - 694.4
2. Scott Lade (USA) - 677.9
3. Janne Heittokangos (FIN) - 677.9
4. Artur Rejek (POL) - 639.3
5. Byron Nichols (USA) - 633.8
5. Kenneth Sandvik (FIN) - 633.8
7. Kjell Furesund (NOR) - 617.3
8. Kaido Leesman (EST) - 584.2
9. Janos Cserna (HUR) - 562.2
10. Sven Lange (GER) - 562.2
11. Jacob Stegelman (DEN) - 540.1
--. Marcel Jahnke (GER) - no lift
--. Fredrick Svenson (SWE) - no lift

I missed my first attempt at 622.8 (missed groove). I jumped to 633.8 on my second attempt and missed again on a technical call at lockout. I retook 633.8 on my third and final attempt and hit it perfectly. Three white lights....GOOD LIFT!!! I was worried that I traveled all that way and wasn't going to get a lift in but I pulled (more better yet pushed J) it out on that last attempt with a little help from above! I finished in 5th place among the very best benchers on the planet (PS - I was the oldest lifter in my class too). Not too shabby. I am very, very pleased!!!

Another USA lifter, Scott Lade from Wisconsin, took 2nd. Scott has been on the USA World Bench Team about 5-6 times and is a former World Record holder. TEAM USA took home the Silver Medal finishing behind Japan by only one point.

We had a blast in Prague but it sure is good to be back home!

No comments: