Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Competition Phase, Week 2

Monday
Squat - (warm up to suit); Straps down/no wraps - 425 x 3; 495 x 3 x 2 sets; Straps up/no wraps - 560 x 2 x 2 sets; Straps up/wraps - I attempted 635 x 1 for 2 sets but was unable to get set up on either attempt.
Bench - 335 x 3 x 2 sets; 380 x 3 x 3 sets
NOTES: I think the problem with my squats is the fact that I took the time off to let my hamstring heal. I looked back at my notes and I tweaked my hamstring on 12/17. I did not attempt to squat heavy again until 1/28 (that's 5 weeks off) and on 1/28 I simply tested to see if I could resume squatting heavy. I had a decent raw workout on 2/4 and then got in the suit on 2/11. Bottom line is I have not built my base back up yet to step under 635! I am going to have to back my expectations down a little for the Brother Bennett meet and see what happens.

Wednesday
Missed - In New Orleans, LA working

Friday
Bench - Warmed up to 315 x 2; Put on training Katana (size 50) - 405 x 2; 455 x 1; 495 x 1; 545 x 1 x 2 sets; 545 x 1 (4" block); 585 x 1 (4" block)
NOTES: I decided tonight to not do the Brother Bennett Invitational, which is a full meet. With IPF Bench Worlds right around the corner in June I need to focus my full attention on that meet. Trying to train for a full meet is just too much for me right now with my new territory with Cybex, trying to sell the house and get moved to The Woodlands TX, and trying to train for Bench Worlds. I don't have time to train for a full meet AND my bench accessory movement. Starting tonight, full focus is on being my best at Bench Worlds!

No comments: